With compassion for all who are isolated or anxious due to the current public health crisis in our state;
In consideration of the New Mexico Secretary of Health's request that gatherings over 100 individuals be cancelled,
And in confidence that, regardless of circumstances, Christ's call and presence unites us;
The Executive Committee for the New Mexico is cancelling Circo for Community and Justice.
Because we do not know if or when an event may be scheduled, we are authorizing the following:
• all sponsorships will be refunded by request of the donor or institution (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ); funds may also be released from a Circo designation to general contribution;
• the Conference will provide to Mujeres en Acción the anticipated profit for catering the event;
• Peace Pipes will be asked to provide music at a future NMCC gathering;
• Youth volunteers from Second Presbyterian, West Mesa Christian Church and Menual School will be released with appreciation for their willingness to serve;
• A letter of gratitude will be sent to St. John's United Methodist Church for their generous provision of the Family Life Center, staff and all manner of extra support;
• and the Planning Committee members, especially Carolyn Good overseeing the program, Judy Messal arranging the food, Ken Gingerich designing/producing the flyers and all who consulted on this decision, are invited to relax!
With gratitude to all who imagined, planned and were eager to participate in Circo for Community and Justice on March 28, 2020;
In these days of public health emergency, let us seek with diligence the ways we can be Christ's body in the world - even as we refrain from gathering in larger groups.
Remember the poor, the widow, the orphan and all who are vulnerable; speak words of comfort and compassion; whatever you do in word or in deed, do so as Christ's beloved disciples.
Peace to you from your Executive Committee and
Rev. Kay Huggins, Interim Executive Director
New Mexico Conference of Churches